BE A STAR! DONATE!
Programs at the center depend on your generous donations and personal involvement. Every donation you make helps us to build stronger families in the community and every volunteer helps to increase awareness that stronger families are the key to a healthier community.
Contribute to our Community Partnership Tax Credit Program (CITC)
For a donation of at least $500 your business can qualify for a Maryland tax credit. Support the Kent Family Center Community Partnership Tax Credit Program; an initiative designed to expand local partnerships to support a wider segment of at-risk families.
For more more information about CITC or to make a donation please call 410-778-7911
SHARE YOUR STAR! VOLUNTEER!
Make a difference to our families and help build a stronger community! Check out the job descriptions listed below to see where you will shine as a volunteer!
Community Volunteer Opportunities for 2012
- Business/Administrative Assistant -- Support agency leadership with filing and record-keeping.
- Fundraiser Extraordinaire -- Assist in planning and implementing fundraising efforts.
- Gardener -- Help cultivate, plant, weed, and harvest in our community garden.
- Kid Coach -- Help out with the children - read, play, and interact under staff supervision.
- Kitchen Assistant -- Help in the kitchen with preparing lunchs for families
- Parent Educator -- Support staff in encouraging healthy interactions between parents and children during parenting classes and special events.
- Spanish Speaker -- Assist Hispanic families during their visits to the agency, possibly including translating for staff during delivery of services or reading with Spanish-speaking children while parents are receiving services.
- Work-out Leader -- Support parents during exercise/wellness class. Could include providing encouragement during exercise videos or demonstrating a new skill, e.g. tae bo, yoga, aerobics.
Interested? To become a volunteer email Director or call 410-778-7911.